Academic degrees , scholarships and actual functions in Public Institutions :
– 1980 : Medical Degree with honours at the University “La Sapienza” , Rome Italy ( duration 6years)
– 1985 : Specialization Degree with honours in General Surgery ( 5 year course ) at the University “La Sapienza” Rome , Italy
– 1990 : Specialization Degree with honours in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery at the Catholic University “Policlinico Gemelli” , Rome , Italy
– Winner of a 3 year public scholarship at the National Cancer Institute “Regina Elena” , Rome , Italy
– Winner of a 2 year public scholarship of the Italian National Cancer League for a Stage and full time Residency Program in Plastic Surgery at Hospital for the Facial Defects , Sao Paulo, Brasil.
– 1987 – 2000 : Consultant Plastic Surgeon at the National Cancer Institute “Regina Elena” , Rome – The clinical activities were institutionally oriented to the Oncological reconstructive procedures related to the treatment of Breast Cancer , Head and Neck cancer and Dermatological Oncology .
– 2001 to june 2015 : Head of Plastic and Reconstructive Division at the “S.Pertini” General Hospital , Rome , Italy
– Jul.2015 until present: Head of the Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Division at S.Camillo General Hospital , Rome. Coordinating a Staff of 9 attending Plastic Surgeons for both elective surgeries ,clinical cases and calls coming from the Emergency Department of the Hospital . Coordinating the Plastic Surgery activities of theTeam related to the Breast Unit and the requested multidisciplinary treatment of Breast Cancer patients : Office consultations , personalized reconstructive approach for each case, Day Surgery activities, post-op follow-up,etc. Coordinating the activities of trainees , medical visitors and residents in Plastic Surgery or General Surgery frequenting a stage at the Unit. Coordinating all the scientific activities of the Plastic Surgery Team , including work in progress for clinical research papers , conferences and organization of courses . Weekly follow up and preparation during the clinical meeting with the Plastic Surgery team to present new patients and discussing the possible post op complications.
– January the 1st , 2016 : Chairman of Department and Coordinator of the Oncological Area , San Camillo General Hospital , Rome